Reading

 Recently my mother-in-law remarked that I don`t have a real hobby. She said that reading is not a good use of my time and it would have been better if I had spent my time developing a better pass-time, one that would preferably make me a lot of money. When my wife told her I had self published a book on Amazon her response was basically "Nobody bought it right?" 

That is true. The only person who bought a copy was my mother and maybe a few of my family. I admit it`s not very good but that`s not the point. I actually did something. I don`t expect anything beyond the satisfaction of getting my stuff in print even if it`s not going to net me  thing.

Reading is a skill no mater what anybody says. There are so many people who can`t even bother to open a book. My wife hasn`t read a book in years and if it`s not a manga my daughter isn`t interested. Me on the other hand, I have read over 200 books this year alone. I plan on getting to 600 but my personal goal is to read everything that is out there. I`ve wondered what I should do with this blog and possibly the best thing I can do is record my thoughts on the books I read and possibly connect it to other websites. In addition I should use my love of reading to tell the stories I know are waiting inside of me.

If anything it will show that in-law that she is just spouting hot air. Something she really needs. 

Comments

Popular Posts