Life

Life

I stare into the students eyes wondering if this is all there is to it. It`s the same boring thing day after day after day. There`s no variety. Where`s the zest, the fire I had when I first started? I was going to do things and be things that would net me the next big thing. This job was only a stepping stone on my journey. How did it become my life?

Why am I saying those things? I know exactly how I got here. I let myself stay in this place because it was safe. There was nothing hurting me here and there was nothing that would cause me any pain.

I chose safety over challenge. The easy paycheck over stimulation. The next meal over uncertainty.

This is not what I thought I wanted but when I think back to what I was asked at my high school graduation I remember saying I had no idea what I wanted to do. Guess I`ll become a teacher.

Jokes on me. I got exactly what I wanted.

Comments

Popular Posts